And we’re back! Kees Baggerman and Jarian Gibson had the real pleasure of catching up with the one and only, David Cottingham, Director XenServer product management and partner engineering at Citrix. With Andrew’s recent move to VMware, we’ll be mixing up the panel that bit more to suit our guests.
I was thrilled David agreed to join a podcast, having met David a number of times, and getting to know him more than I might have liked (:)) at The Finland Citrix User group, I smiled all the way through the editing of this podcast with David.
On this podcast, the guys had the pleasure to speak with David on the following topics:
- Where did David start.
- Cat herding.
- XenServer 7.1 release:
- Graphics enhancements.
- Security implementations.
- Long Term Service Release (LTSR).
- Citrix PVS caching.
- Nutanix Integration.
- Auto Update from XenCenter.
- Commitment from Citrix on the future of XenServer.
- Graphics Graphics and more Graphics!
- Intel and AMD’s interest in the market.
- XenServer push in the security space.
- Micro segmentation and security.
- Diving deeper into XenServer on Nutanix.
- Crystal ball time with VDI in the cloud.
- Ever green value of cloud.
- Multilingual David
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/322874852″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=true&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=false” width=”100%” height=”120″ iframe=”true” /]