Jarian and our special guest co-host Rory Monaghan had the pleasure of chatting with Patrick Coble. Patrick is known for his security background. He has done many presentations on security, especially around the End-User Computing (EUC) space. He is a Citrix Technology Professional (CTP) and co-leader of the Nashville CUGC group. Patrick is currently working on his first book, The VDI Lockdown Guide.
On this podcast we had the pleasure of talking with Patrick about:
- Patrick’s background
- Why did he choose the EUC space?
- Does he see risk in larger orgs with dedicated InfoSec teams that don’t have deep EUC knowledge?
- What challenges does he see in VDI security?
- What’s his advice on balancing security versus good end user experience?
- In his experience what industry does enterprise security the best, if any?
- When doing data center pen testing, what was the most jaw dropping security hole/lapse he encountered?
- What are the most common security mistakes he sees for EUC management?
- Does he have any examples of a company handling a breach properly?
- How does he handle situations where there may be some apprehension about the outcome of his audits/pen tests?
- What are his tips for IT workers that may not be in typical compliance training?
- His upcoming book, The VDI Lockdown Guide
- Outside of anything tech, what excites and what is he passionate about?
Thanks as always to Rory for being our special guest co-host. Please check out Rory’s 5 Bytes Podcast!