Welcome back to Frontline Chatter! After a busy few weeks attending conferences, Andrew and Jarian are happy to chat with Kevin Goodman, Founder and CEO of FSLogix. Kevin has been a big fan and supporter of Frontline Chatter so it was great to catch up and talk about FSLogix.
We really enjoyed this podcast with Kevin. Layering/Containers are a hot topic these days so good to have another player in the industry come and discuss with us.
In this episode we were happy to discuss with Kevin the following:
- Kevin’s career path from RTO Software to VMware to FSLogix.
- Best of Citrix Synergy Award for Application and Desktop Virtualization.
- Recent round of funding.
- Isolation, Containers, and Layering.
- Storage Impact and Considerations for containers/layering/redirection.
- How FSLogix came to be.
- Overview of FSLogix:
- FSLogix Apps
- Rule Editor/Rulesets
- Apps Containers
- In guest vs hypervisor
- Java Redirection
- Profile Containers
- Benefits over traditional
- Comparison to RDS User Profile Disks
- Folder Redirection/File Server issues
- FSLogix Apps
- FSLogix upcoming features.
- Bitcoin transactions/underlying technology.
Link to FSLogix Downloadable Rulesets Kevin refers to in this episode.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/211457522″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=true&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=false” width=”100%” height=”120″ iframe=”true” /]