Welcome back to FrontLine Chatter, we’re coming to you from Citrix Synergy in Orlando and we had the rare luxury of recording an in person podcast with the one and only Jim Moyle.
Jarian and Andrew are great friends with Jim, having the ability to sit down with Jim was too good to pass up. In this episode Jim, Jarian and Andrew have a beer together and talk all about Jim, Atlantis and the conference so far.
Specifically, on this episode we discuss:
- Who Jim is and where he came from.
- What Jim does day to day in Atlantis.
- As employee #32 in Atlantis, how have you seen the company grow.
- Atlantis’s First hardware appliance for the hyper converged market.
- Why Hardware vendor choice gives customers options.
- Is the new Atlantis appliance a “desktop workload first” appliance
- So the Atlantis appliance is all flash, why no higher capacity spinning disk?
- How prevalent do you see Hyper Converged in the future?
- Has hardware added logistical concerns?
- How are Atlantis, from a strategic point of view going to claim their stake and push their elbows out?
- Datacenter Lifecycle management.
- Application layering and containerisation.
- How to get rid of people in the bar the “Jim Moyle” way
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/205269511?secret_token=s-yWqVC” params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=true&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=false” width=”100%” height=”120″ iframe=”true” /]